Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Clay Pots

What could be cuter then mini clay pots that spell out B-A-B-Y?  Not much....SO, I went to Walmart yesterday and picked up four small clay pots (only 85 cents each).  Since the colors for Mallory's nursery are green and pink, I thought I would paint them to match.  I already had the paint and stamps so I got busy.  I painted two of the pots green and the other two pink.  Once they were dry I use large stamps dipped in white paint to spell out B-A-B-Y.  I added the polka dots to liven up the pots, but they needed something more.  I really like the baby birth statistics wall art so why not put some of the birth statistics around the rims of  the pots.  On the first one I stamped out Mallory's full name.  On the next one I stamped out - born on ______.  The third pot says - weighs ____lbs, and the last one reads - ______ inches.  Of course I will have to go back after Mallory is born to add in all the details.  I think they turned out pretty cute.  Not sure if I will use them somewhere in her room or maybe put them on the front steps after she is here.  Time will tell...




No comments:

Post a Comment