Monday, August 1, 2011

Ribbon-tied Wall Letters



Time is flying by and the baby will be here before we know it.  Needless to say, I REALLY have to get started on the nursery.  I took a little shopping trip to AC Moore the other day.  I can spend hours in there just wandering up and down the aisles looking at all the different crafting supplies.  I had been thinking about buying wall letters to spell out the baby's name - Mallory.  Truth be told, I just wanted to find one very large M to hang above the crib, but XL letters are hard to come by...I found the small/medium wall letters for $3.99 each (and the current special was an additional 30% off).  Not bad at all considering what they are going for on some of the internet sites.  I decided to buy the 7 letters to spell Mallory. I had seen a large S wrapped in different colored ribbons on the  figandruby blog.  So, I'm thinking  I can do that.  I'll just tie ribbons around all the letters.  As I began to work I realized this was going to take a lot of time and might not acheive exactly what I was looking for.  New bright idea - tie ribbons around parts of the letters.  Here's what I came up with.



1 comment: