Sunday, July 28, 2013

Foot Print Crafts



A few weeks ago I started planning for Mallory's 2nd birthday party.  It is going to be a Minnie Mouse bash.  There are so many neat ideas on Pinterest and I want to try them all! It's hard to know what I can do myself and what I need to break down and buy.  So I started practicing.  Practicing you say..what does that mean?  Well, I am going to try making everything I want to have at the party to see if I can really do it or not.  So far I have had success with the cupcakes and cake pops.  I will post more on those later.  I also made a paper wreath out of Disney paper, which brings me to my latest craft.  I had a few sheets of paper left over.  The sheets without designs going all the way across the page.  I didn't think I would use them, but the Pluto page was perfect for a butterfly.  Mallory and I  had a few cards we needed to make so we set to work.  Next time I think I might add a ribbon to the top or maybe a bow.  We will be making a get well card tomorrow, but we are out of Pluto paper.  Time to think up something else. :)


Be sure the place feet on the opposite side, not how you would normally stand.  That way they are facing outward and resemble wings.  Then draw the body of the butterfly and add in the flight pattern with a sharpy. 


I used washable paint for the footprints and also for my stamps.  I just brush the paint on the stamp with my finger.  It wipes right off when your finished.  Using paint instead of stamp pads gives you more options as far color and stamp size. 

No comments:

Post a Comment